Monday, January 2, 2012

What did I notice last night??

Well, Max was over by me for his evening petting and I noticed he is filling out or 'buffing up' and not in a fat way but in a muscle way.  He's now just about where we want him and I don't think we ever got him to that point when he was on the kibble dog food.  He just couldn't eat enough (or didn't want to) to be buffed up like a normal boxer should be.  He always was right at the point of ribs showing etc.  
He used to also have this dry spot on his nose and it got to the point where it was covering 1/2 of his nose and growing.  Last night I looked (and not sure at what time it started to improved) but that spot was almost gone.  Not sure if this even has anything to do with the diet but it's a GOOD thing!  The vet told me that is very normal for boxers and nothing you can do about it.  
Every day that goes by they are more excited to eat their dinner and they can eat it in under 3 minutes now!  BIG change from the 20 min they started with lol.  They got those bones down now and have never had a problem with them at all.  I gave them a little liver last night and they loved that as well.  They have never turned down a meat yet and I really don't expect them too.  Oh something else I noticed was their poo has changed some (most likely because of the new adds we had recently)  but Max's was a little lose and Mylies is just larger but not runny.  Took them to the dog park and it was real fun to clean up after Max lol.  We will keep an eye on that and see if we need to give Max less organs and more bones maybe.  Will update next on their weigh in day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment