Thursday, December 15, 2011

Day two on raw

I was going to do Raw in the mornings and regular dog food in the pm for the first week but I have decided to just go cold turkey since the first feeding went so well.   Mylie threw up a TINY big of foamy stuff but that was it.  Their stool has not turned runny at all and in fact if it changed at all it got more compact...no white anything yet.  I already noticed that they have been drinking less water and the BIGGEST thing.  NO farts since they had their first meal.  Oh man, prior to eating the raw meals they farted SO bad and constantly!  I hope that keeps up :D   Feeding them their second meal went a little faster then the first.  Less licking the meat and more chewing from the start.  Still took them about 15 min to eat a leg quarter though which is good.  They really look forward to their meals that's for sure.  After the first week I will be adding a little beef along with some veggie patty mixture (carrots, spinach, cauliflower) to start. I still have not been able to get my video to transfer from my phone to the computer so will keep working on that but for now, here is a picture of them enjoying one of their meals :D
NOTE:  The photos went on a page of their own so be sure to look for them  They are titled Mylie, and the other is Max.
Oh and NO choking at all on the bones so far and not even a close call which is a real relief for me. I  was so worried about that and with all the reading I have done on it I felt a lot better knowing there is a very slim chance that they will ever have an issue with it.
Their third meal this morning went great as well...still about 15 min to finish but they do get right into eating now with very little licking.
I feed them about 7am and 5 pm and that has been going really well.  By the time 10 pm comes around we know that they will go poo before we have to close up the house for the night until morning.  In fact I did notice this morning that my Boxer did NOT come wake me up at 6 am to go outside to poo.  Usually he wants out right away. And he's crying and yowling about it telling me to hurry it up!   I had to call HIM to go outside this morning :D

No comments:

Post a Comment